10.31.2011

Happy Halloween!


Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble.
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Some of my favourite Halloween Books and Authors:
- Boo! by Robert Munsch
- Dem Bones by Bob Barner
- Macbeth by William Shakespeare

- Stephen King
- Anne Rice
I am a HUGE fan of Halloween! It is definitely one of my very favourite holidays! The whole idea of getting to dress up and be whomever or whatever you want to be for the day is amazingly fun, especially when you get free candy too! I love being able to let my inner child out (even more than I usually do), even if its just for one day. I have to say though that I was disappointed in Halloween this year... it seems like less kids are getting dressed-up and going Trick or Treating. I remember when I was younger ... I use to fill up an entire pillowcase, bring it home and grab another pillow case and go around some more while my Mom sorted the candy from the first trip. People use to go all out with their decorations, and now even that doesn't seem to happen as much. I love Halloween and seeing all the kids in their costumes, hopefully Trick-or-Treating will pick up again and there will me more kids out next year, until then, more left over Halloween candy for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment